Thursday 11 December 2008

This is a real WARNING! I am not joking around

I recently came accross this article that I had to share. I to have been caught not once but twice by the so called anti virus virus that claimed to be a Windows XP product title "anti virus 2008". Now it seems the same thing is in the circles only now a 2009 version.

Read on.....

If any of you have problems with your computer shutting down, or seeming to crash , then it reboots itself back up with a big WARNING saying you need Antivirus 2009 don't believe it. It is very official looking, but if you look you will notice it has no name except Anitvirus 2009. Apparently this is happening to a lot of people. My computer has been messed up all day. I googled the apparent company Meyrocorp or Cure-soft and there are a ton of complaints about the company being non existent. Here's the thing you do not get those names unless you buy this so called Antivirus 2009. Yes I bought it.

I could not download the program, so I called there help line which has a lame recorded message. This is what made me start to worry. The message said give us up to 48 hrs. to respond back. I tried to e mail for help got the same message. "Leave your problem and give us 48 hrs. to respond. As I said it all looks very official like a Norton Security message. Before my computer would crash. I would get a message saying Windows was shutting down contact w/ the web because I needed to download this program.

I have called the bank and put a stop on my payment which oddly enough went through Hrpay.com a so called consulting firm that helps w/ payroll. This site looks very proffesional also.
But neither my husband or I ordered anything through this company.

I am getting a new card from the bank, they are stopping payment and hopefully I have caught this in time, before any real damage is done.
You know I always think people caught in scams are so stupid. Well I guess I am one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment